Department of Physiology
About the Department
- General Course introduced in 1996
- Honours Course introduced in 2010
- Intake Capacity in Honours Course is 35
- Dr. Tarasankar Maiti, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor [In-charge]
- Smt. Arunima Datta, M.Sc., SACT-II
- Dr. Rituparna Ghosh, M.Sc., Ph.D., SACT-I
- Sri Souvik Chakraborty, M.Sc. SACT-II
- Sri Manik Sarkar, Lab. Attendant
- Sri Ashis Samanta, Lab. Attendant (College appointed)
- Seminar Library: The department offers the facility of using the departmental library which possess an enriched collection of books covering the entire syllabus.
- Laboratory: The department has three well equipped laboratories.
- Internet Access: The department has one computer with internet facility for staff and students.
- Smart Classroom with ITC Faculty: The department has a LCD projector for giving PPT presentation which would enliven the teaching-learning process.
- Classroom Lecture
- Demonstration in Laboratory
- Field Studies
- Student Seminar
- Project Work
- Remedial and Special Classes
- Wall Magazine: The department publishes the wall magazine “Chetana” with the full participation of the teachers as well as the students.
- Special Lecture/ Seminar: Each year, department arranges a special lecture and student’s seminar. In 2017, a special lecture was arranged on “Proper Complementary Child Feeding”.
- Freshers’ Welcome and Reunion: The department has been arranging these programmes each year.