Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0
About the programme:
Bhairab Ganguly College has adopted the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 program initiated by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. The programme is inspired by the vision of transformational change in the processes of rural development by leveraging higher educational institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India. The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India in identifying region-specific challenges to development and evolving appropriate and realistic solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
Objective of the programme:
The college aims to facilitate the overall development of the adopted villages by combining knowledge and training. The solutions designed will cater to the immediate and long-term needs of the villages by making the villagers self-reliant through knowledge and practice.
The college has resolved to make the following adopted villages self-reliant through knowledge and practice:
- Bagdiha, Ranibandh Block, Bankura district
- Chaltha, Ranibandh Block, Bankura district
- Kalyam, Ranibandh Block, Bankura district
- Makhnu, Ranibandh Block, Bankura district
- Ledapakur, Ranibandh Block, Bankura district
Preliminary Meeting with G.P. Members:
On 15th December 2018, we had a preliminary discussion with the G.P. members of the 5 adopted villages to discuss the issues faced by them. The members welcomed our efforts to interact and were more than willing to share with us the issues/ problems faced by the local people of the villages.
Certain areas needing our sustained efforts have been identified, these include:
- Construction of metalled roads
- Installation of solar power generation units for street lights and farming equipment
- Rainwater harvesting systems
- Water resource management
- Digitalization in schools (Computer literacy centre and internet connectivity)
- Instituting tailoring and handicrafts training units (initiatives for self-employment and entrepreneurship development)
- Encourage the literacy of adult women villagers
- Awareness training programme for community health and sanitation
Recent Activities in the adopted village :
- Activities of the college during COVID-19 crisis, View Details
- Plastic waste Free Village Campaign, View Details.
- Installation of Solar lights for illumination, View Details.
On 21st December 2018, two teachers represented the college in the workshop conducted in Patna. They returned enriched from the information disseminated by the resource persons.
Survey for Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) Study
The college has scheduled its preliminary survey of the villages from 16th to 18th January, 2019. A group of dedicated teachers and students will interact and collect data meticulously for Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) study and need assessment. Keeping in mind, the specific needs of the indigenous community in the villages, the survey will focus upon providing sustainable, innovative, cost-effective and implementable solutions to address the issues faced by the villagers.
- Sri Tapas Roy, President, Governing Body
- CA Srikumar Banerjee, GB Member (Govt. Nominee)
- Dr. Samarendra Barik, GB Member (Govt. Nominee)
- Dr. Sanjit Kumar Das, Vice-Principal, Chairman
- The Coordinator, IQAC
- Bursar, BGC
- TC Secretary, BGC
- Dr. Rajesh Koner, Assistant Professor of Chemistry & TR, GB
- The Program Coordinator, NSS, BGC
- Convener, Women’s Studies Centre, BGC
- Convener, Research Monitoring Unit
- Convener, College Outreach Sub-Committee
- The Nodal Officer, UBA, Convener
- Dr. Ajit Kumar Sil (M:)
- Dr. Tarasankar Maity
- Prof. Mintu Halder
- Dr. Santanu Chakraborty
- Prof. Krishanu Ghosh
- Prof. Rejaul Islam
- Prof. Janki Singh
- Prof. Monisha Hembram
- Student Volunteers (10 PG Students of Geography)
- Dr. Debabrata Bhadra, UBA Coordinator, BGC
Contact details of College coordinator of UBA
Name : Dr. Debabrata Bhadra
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
National Coordinating Institute
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
National Coordinator: Prof V K