Department of Economics
About the Department
- General Course introduced in 1968
- Honours Course introduced in 1968
- Intake capacity in Undergraduate (Honours) Course is 30
- Some of our faculty members are actively engaged in teaching in the P.G. course of Commerce.
- Sri Manabes Majumdar, M.A., M.Phil., MBM., Associate Professor
- Dr. Prabir Karar, M.Sc., M.Phil.,MBA,Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Dr. Santanu Chakraborty, M.A, M.Phil., MBA, Ph.D., Assistant Professor [In-Charge]
- Sri.Satchidananda Sardar,M.Sc. Assistant Professor
- Dr. Tonmoy Chatterjee, M.A., M. Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Seminar Library: Students have access to both textbooks as well as reference books for their studies and seminar preparation.
- Computer Laboratory:A well maintained laboratory has been set up in the department with internet facilities. Students of Economics Honours use this laboratory for their academic pursuit.
- Classroom with ICT facility
- Classroom Lecture
- PPT presentation, Group discussion, Project work
- Guidance by faculties in application of computer in Economics and Statistics.
- Wall Magazine: Articles by students on different contemporary topics in Economics are displayed in the wall magazine from time to time.
- Freshers’ welcome & farewell programme: Freshers’ welcome and farewell programmes are organized each year by the students of the department.
The Government of West Bengal had entrusted Bhairab Ganguly College with the task of conducting Sample Survey on Old age, Widow, and Disability pension in Kolkata Municipal Corporation. Sri Manabes Majumdar, Associate Professor, had acted as a nodal officer in this project