Department of Journalism & Mass Communication.
About the Department
- Intake Capacity in Honours course is 38
- Honours and General course introduced in 2007
- Sri Amitava Saha, Assistant Professor in Commerce [In-charge]
- Dr. Baishakhi Nag, M.A.,Ph.D, SACT-I
- Smt. Ranjabati Dey, M.A., SACT-II
- Sri Nilanjan Dutta, M.A., SACT-II
- Sm. Chandana Sem Chemistry Lab Attendent (Deputed in Journalism Lab)
- Seminar Library: Seminar Library contains books relating to Journalism and Mass Communication encompassing the entire syllabus for under graduate course. It also contains journals of repute thereby enabling students to get first hand knowledge of various topics and thus enabling them to further their knowledge.
- Computer Laboratory: Computer Laboratory has provision for computers, thirteen in number, and an Editing Machine (Apple Mac.) which provides opportunities to students to develop their skill and knowledge by giving them ample scope to make use of these equipments in the presence and guidance of faculties having necessary expertise.
- Other Facilities include availability of a television set, music system, radio set, camera and internet facilities.
- Classroom lecture.
- Demonstration in Laboratory.
- Students seminar and group discussion.
- Project Work
- Special Lectures by experts from media houses.
- Documentary film making.
- Journal: The Dept. comes out with an yearly lab journal namely ‘Sambad Bhairab’ in the month of September every year which involves writings of the students of the said Dept. and also contribution from the faculties of various disciplines.
- Fresher’s Welcome and farewell programmes:
- The Dept. organizes Fresher’s Welcome and farewell between November and January every year which give an opportunity to ex-students to pay a visit to the department. Fresher’s welcome is celebrated with much grandeur by the Dept.
- Sports and Cultural activities : Students participate in sports and cultural activities organized by the college. Participation of students in seminars and workshops organized by different institutions where students have proved their mettle thereby wining laurels and prizes to their merit.
Journalism and Mass Communication Department of Bhairab Ganguly College is introducing Master’s Degree under the affiliation of West Bengal State University from academic year (2014-15) It comprises four semesters of six months each. Total number of seats in the Post Graduate course is 20. The opening up of the PG in Journalism & Mass Communication is a sincere attempt of the college to raise the career of the Under Graduate Journalism & Mass Communication students.