Bhairab Ganguly College
NAAC Grade 'A'
- Affiliated to
W.B. State Univ.
- AISHE Code
Under Graduate Department
Department of Chemistry
About the Department
- General Course introduced in 1969
- Honours course introduced in 1994
- Intake capacity in Honours course is 58
- Dr. Gopal Chandra Giri, M.Sc.,Ph.D., Associate Professor (Gold Medalist)
- Dr. Suparna Guha, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr.Rajesh Koner, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor [In-charge] View Profile
- Dr.Avijit Sarkar, M.Sc.,Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Shubhendu Dhara,M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Samit Majumder,M.Sc.,Ph.D. Assistant Professor
- Sri Sagnik Ghosh, M.Sc., SACT-II
- Smt. Chandana Sen, Lab Attendant (Deputed to Journalism)
- Sri Susanta Pal, Lab Attendant
- Sri Lokenath Mallick, Lab Attendant
- Sri Suraj Ghosh , Laboratory Attendant (College Appointed)
- Seminar Library: The departmental library has a wide range of reference and text books to cater to the needs of the students.
- Laboratory: The department is equipped with well organized laboratories for all the three specializations (Organic, Inorganic and Physical) in Chemistry. Modern instruments and varied stock of chemicals are available which the students can handle freely under the guidance of experienced teachers.
- Classroom with ICT facility
- Classroom lectures
- Practical demonstrations in laboratory
- Power Point presentations
- Wall magazine: The students of the department publish Wall Magazine annually on various recent topics of Chemistry.
- Freshers’ welcome and farewell programmes: Students of the department organize various functions like Teachers’ Day, Farewell, Felicitation and Freshers’ Welcome.
- Seminar: The students participate in various seminars at different institutions and are accompanied by teachers.
- Educational tour: Visit to chemical factories and research laboratories are organised for the exposure of the students.