Department of History
About the Department
- Both Honours and General Courses introduced in 1968
- Intake capacity in Honours course is 75
- Smt. Manidipa Banerjee, M.A., Associate Professor
- Dr. Prasenjit Biswas, M.A.,Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Sk. Makhleswar Rahaman, M.A., Associate Professor
- Sri Krishanu Ghosh, M.A. M. Phil., Assistant Professor, [In-charge]
- Smt. Anindita Bhattacharyya, M.A. SACT-II
- Ms. Arpita Ghatak, M.A. SACT-II
Seminar Library: The Departmental Seminar Library has kept some useful syllabus oriented books which are in great demand among the students. It has books on other subjects also to help the students in developing interdisciplinary approach.
- Classroom Lectures
- Tutorial assignments
- Student Seminar and Group Discussion
- Special Lectures
- Departmental Journal: The Department regularly publishes a bilingual journal Views, first published in 2008.
- Wall Magazine: Department has a Wall Magazine named Shilalipi. Its main focus is to encourage the students to make analytical enquiries about historical events of both national and international levels.
- Freshers’ Welcome & Farewell: The students show great enthusiasm in welcoming new entrants to the Department which usually take place between October and November each year. They also give farewell to the Third Year students. On both occasions cultural functions are arranged by the students of the Department.
- Seminar/ Special Lecture: Student-seminars, special lectures, group discussions, debates and quiz are frequently arranged by the department.
- Educational Tours: Every year the department organises educational tours to
- places of historical interest. Recently, the department conducted an educational tour to the Indian Museum on 22nd January 2016.