Department of Commerce
About the Department
- General Course introduced in 1969
- Honours Course introduced in 1980
- Postgraduate Course introduced in 2009
- Intake capacity in Undergraduate (Honours) Course is 270
- Intake capacity in Postgraduate Course is 32
- Sri Khokan Chandra Mandal, M.Com.,ACMA, Associate Professor
- Dr. Sanjit Kumar Das, M.Com.,Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Rozy Lasker, M.Com.,PGDIBO, Assistant Professor, [In-charge]
- Dr. Surajit Sengupta,M.Com.,Ph.D. Assistant Professor
- Sri Amitava Saha, M.COM; B.ED.; PGDPM; MBA, Assistant Professor
- Sri Vijay Anand Sah,, M.Com., M.Phil. PGDIM, ATC, Assistant Professor
- Smt. Sanchita Paul, M.Com., SACT-II
- Sri Anjan Mondal, M.Com., SACT-II
- Smt. Sumana Banerjee, M.Com., SACT-I
- Sri Sanjay Karwar, Lab Attendant, Computer Science [Deputed in Office and IT Lab]
- Seminar Library: The Department of Commerce has a seminar library with a number of suitable books for covering undergraduate, postgraduate and different professional courses.
- Well-equipped IT Laboratory: All facilities are provided for giving IT practical training according to the requirement of the syllabus.
- ICT enabled Classroom
- Class room lectures
- Demonstration using computers
- Project work
- Seminars etc.
- Wall Magazine
- Freshers’ welcome
- Educational Workshops in collaboration with Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Postgraduate Degree in Commerce
Bhairab Ganguly College has been offering Master Degree in Commerce (Affiliated to West Bengal State University) from the academic session 2009-10 to enable the students of the locality to get an access to higher education. Following the guidelines of WBSU, the curriculum and the syllabus have been framed by the faculty of the Commerce Department with the active cooperation of the people from the industry and the academic field. For the students of 4th semester, the Department arranges a 4 week internship with industry or a project work under the guidance of a teacher of the department.