Department of ASP (Advertisement and Sales Promotion).
About the Department
The department of ‘Department of ASP (Advertisement and Sales Promotion) ’started its journey in the year 1997.As per the new curriculum under CBCS system, this course is recognized as B.COM.(Hons) in Advertising & Sales Promotion from the Academic session 2018-19.
As per the curriculum the main thrust is given in the areas of marketing management, sales management, advertising management, Public Relation and entrepreneurship development. A career in advertising is a lucrative employment option that one can choose in the rapidly growing Indian economy.
This department is actively engaged in Classroom teaching, Mentoring, Industry visits, On the Job Training, Counseling, In house Project(Subject Oriented) and many more for entire development of the students.
After completion of this course, many students are now pursuing their career in advertising/ marketing/public relations field in reputed organizations successfully. Some of the students have also gone for Masters or Post-Graduate studies from reputed institutions after completing their graduation in this subject.
- Intake Capacity in Honours course is 35
- Job opportunities in advertising include opening in private advertising agencies, advertising departments of private and public sector companies.
- Advertising manager, Sales Manager, Public Relations Director, Creative Director, Copywriter and Marketing Communications Managers are some of the major job opportunities in this field.
- Students may opt for higher studies like post-graduation coursesin to enhance their career growth.
- In addition to the college central library, the department also offers the facilities of using the departmental library or seminar library with books of all topics related to curriculum.
- Students are also provided with computer facilities to meet the syllabus requirement especially in preparation of project reports.
- Prepare students for a career in marketing /advertising by imparting theoretical and practical instructions that provide holistic understanding of the subject.
- Grooming the students for entrepreneurial competence.
- Students are exposed to work experience (on-job-training) in leading advertising agencies, newspaper houses, event management houses and the corporate sector.
- The resource persons of the department are actively involved in organizing various Seminars and academic programmes.
- The department published a wall magazine named ‘Papyrus’. Its main motto is to acquaint the students with writing skills in sales and marketing.
- Students prepared a wall magazine on ‘Creative aspects of Advertisements’ and won the First Prize on the eve of Golden Jubilee Celebrations.
- Students of the department participate in various extra-curricular, co-curricular and outreach activities like blood donation camp, campus cleaning service, quiz contests and essay writing competitions.
- Dr. Surajit Sengupta,M.Com.,Ph.D. Assistant Professor, [In-charge]
- Jayati Ghosal, M.Com (Marketing Management), SACT-II
- Tanaya Dey, MBA (Marketing Management), PGDM (HQ), SACT-I
- Classroom Lectures
- Field studies for project works
- Student seminar and group discussion
- In house project report preparation
- On the job training report preparation.
- A fresher’s welcome is organized with the collaboration of students union between the month of November and January each year. It is the most exciting part for the students (new comers as well as the existing) to meet each other and to build up a cordial relationship among them and also with departmental faculty members.
- Participation of Students in Social Activities and Quiz
- Students of the department participate in college organised social work activities like blood donation camp, campus cleaning services, quiz contests and also participate in the field of sports and other co curricular activities.
Activities of the Department