Department of Urdu
About the Department
- General course introduced in 2001
- Honours course introduced in 2004
- Intake capacity in Honours Course is 48
- PG course introduced in 2012
- Dr. Probir Karar, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Economics [In-Charge]
- Md. Taiyab Nuamani, M.A., SACT-I [In-Charge,PG]
- Dr. Masoom Hasan Ansari, M.A., Ph.D., SACT-I
- Shahzadi, M.A., SACT-II
Seminar Library: The seminar library possesses books of Urdu literature and are issued to the students.
- Classroom lectures
- Organizing Literary seminar in the college and attending literary seminars in other educational institutions.
- Students seminar and group discussion
- Wall Magazine: Interesting literary topics for publishing in the wall-magazine by the students.
- Participation of students in social activities: Students of this department also participate in college-organized social works.
Master’s Degree in Urdu
Post Graduate Course in Urdu has been introduced in 2012. This department, right from its inception has been persistently endeavouring to raise the academic standard of the students by encouraging them through holding of seminars, organisation of workshops and publication of books etc. The department has already published a few monographs/ books to its credit. The opening of the PG Course in Urdu is a sincere attempt of the College to raise the academic level of aspiring students of Urdu honors and to spread the scope of high level academic knowldege.