Department of Computer Science
About the Department
- General course introduced in 1999 to cater to the increasing demand of information technology.
- Honours course introduced in 2004
- Intake capacity in Honours course is 52
- Smt. Pratima Biswas, M. Tech. Assistant Professor [In-charge]
- Sri Bijan Krishna Paul, M.Sc., SACT-I
- Smt. Sangeeta Ghosh Dasmahapatra, M.C.A., SACT-II
- Aindrila Jana, M.Tech., SACT-II
- Sri Sashipada Bag, B.Sc.-Voca, Certificate in Multimedia & DTP. Lab Attendant (College Appointed)
- Sri Sanjay Kharwar, Lab Attendant ( Deputed to Office and Commerce I.T. Lab)
- Wifi enabled Computer Laboratory:The departmental Computer Laboratory provides up-to-date computers and necessary software for the programmes. Hardware and Software Laboratories and Internet service are available during college hours for students.
- ICT enabled Classroom:Classes are arranged in the Smart Classroom, Virtual Classroom and E-resource zone of the Library where ICT facilities like Projectors are used extensively as teaching tools.
- Departmental Library:In addition to the Central Library the department has a seminar library which provides specialized books on Computer Science for the students.
- Classroom lectures with Multimedia presentation
- Demonstration in laboratory Project work
Placement through Campus Drive and others
- Ex-students of the department are employed in various MNCs like: TCS, WIPRO and also in Government and Public Sectors.
Departmental Magazine: .COMP , the departmental magazine, is published annually in which faculty members and students contribute their articles.
Educational Tour: To provide exposure to the students and motivate them to nurture their academic interest.
Freshers’ welcome: Freshers’ welcome is organized by students every year.
Special Lecture: Reputed resource persons deliver Special Lectures at regular intervals.
Student seminar: Student seminar is conducted in every academic session on diverse topics of Computer Science/ Information Technology.
CCA: Students are involved in various co-curricular activities like Quiz contest, Re-union, Wall Magazine.
Teachers’ Day Celebration: Every year Teachers’ Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm by students of the department
Research & Development Activities: Teachers are actively involved in research related works and
ensure a research-oriented environment for their students.