Mr. Shirsendu Sarkar.
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Stage II)
- Department: Physics
- Qualification: M.Sc.
- Contact No: Email preferred
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Applied Optics
Optics, Quantum mechanics, Computational Physics.
Professional Membership:1 .Membership in SPIE, Optical Society of America(OSA); 2. Life member of IPS, OSI.> <
Research paper Publication in Journal:
1. Shirsendu Sarkar, Neelakshi Ghosh, Arghya Adhikary, and Ajay Ghosh, "Mueller imaging of blood cells", Proc. SPIE 9654, International Conference on Optics and Photonics 2015, 965423,ISBN 9781628418644 (15 June 2015); https://doi.org/10.1117/12.2181723 (Conference Paper)
2. Shirsendu Sarkar and Ajay Ghosh, “Development of System algorithm for Mueller Imaging”, Science & Society in Modern Times, Vol-1,2016,25-29, ISBN 978-93-84108-30-4(March 2016) (Book Chapter)
3. Shirsendu Sarkar, “Mueller Imaging for polarization optical analysis” , Basic and Applied Sciences into Next Frontiers, The aspects of Bio & Physical Sciences, (Jan 2021), ISBN 978-81-948993-0-3, Pages 99-108, New Delhi Publication. (Book Chapter)
4. Shirsendu Sarkar, Souryaya Dutta , “ Polarization based Collagen Fibre Imaging for Diagnostic Purpose”, Emerging Trends and New Horizons in Applied Sciences, (Jan 2021), ISBN 978-81-950753-3-1,Pages 71-84, New Delhi Publication. (Book Chapter)
1. Shirsendu Sarkar and Ajay Ghosh, “Development of System software for Mueller Imaging”, International Conference on Optics and Optoelectronics (ICOL 2014), at IRDE,Derhadun, India. (Oral presentation).
2. Shirsendu Sarkar, Neelakshi Ghosh , Arghya Adhikary , Ajay Ghosh, “Mueller imaging of blood cells”, International Conference on Optics and Photonics,(ICOP 2015),at University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India.(Poster Presentation) .
3. Shirsendu Sarkar,Ajay Ghosh, “Mueller imaging of White blood cells for medical purposes National Conference on Advancement in Frontier Physics(NCAFP 2016),Bhairab Ganguly College, Kolkata, India.(Poster Presentation)
4. Shirsendu Sarkar, Kanailal Barman, Ajay Ghosh, “Detection of Leukamia using Mueller Matrix Imaging National Conference on Advances in Interdisciplinary Sciences (NCAISC 2017), Bhairab Ganguly College, Kolkata, India.(Poster Presentation)
5. Shirsendu Sarkar,Ajay Ghosh ,Kallol Bhatyacharya “Mueller Imaging and polarization optical analysis on cancerous cells for medical applications”, International Symposium on Optomechatronic Technologies, Goa,India (Poster Presentation)
1. CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for lectureship (NET) held on 19-12-2010
2. Certificate of Appreciation, contribution towards the compendium of IYL Activities in India, International Year Of Light India, 2015, Optical Society of India
3. Editor of the Book , “Basic and Applied Sciences into Next Frontiers, The aspects of Bio & Physical Sciences”, (Jan 2021), ISBN 978-81-948993-0-3,New Delhi Publication.
4. Editor of the Book , “Emerging Trends and New Horizons in Applied Sciences”, (Jan 2021), ISBN 978-81-950753-3-1, New Delhi Publication.
Institute/school- Visit as Scientific Model Demonstrator (Outreach Activity)
1. Mc-Williams Higher Secondary School , Alipurduar, 23rd May, 2015
2. Anandaghar , Sonarpur, Kolkata,3rd May,2015
3. Paresh Nath Girls School ,Dhakuria, Kolkata,24th May,2016
4. TATA Medical College, Kolkata, 15th Feb,2018
5. Moulani Galindranath Roy High School,Lataguri, 22nd Feb,2018
6. Rabindra Nath High School, Bankura,15th Aug,2018
7. Calcutta University, Kolkata, 16th May,2019.