Dr. Rupa Sanyal
- Designation: SACT-I
- Department: Botany
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Contact No:
- Email: email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- 1. Study of different types of plants species used by the traditional healers in nearby forest area as well as understanding of factors that threaten local traditional medicinal plant resources and knowledge.
- 2. Extraction, isolation, identification, structural modification (synthesis), bioactivity and mode of action of pharmaceutically important natural products.
- 3. Toxicological evaluation and quality control of herbal medicine.
- 4. Investigation of ethnomedicinal information from persons having a thorough knowledge of medicinal plants, and their utilization in day-to-day life.
1. Academic Excellence Award 2017-2018, Bhairab Ganguly College
2. Best Poster Presentation Award, National Seminar, 2016, Organized by Bidhannagar Govt. College.
3. “Pratip Palit Award” for obtaining highest marks in special paper in M. Sc.,Bethune College.
Professional Membership:Society for Ethno pharmacology (SFE). > <
Research Paper Publications in Journal:
1. Biswas S., Sanyal R., Bala S., Mazumdar A., 2017. Inventorization of Some Ayurvedic Plants and their Ethnomedicinal Use in Kakrajhore Forest Area of West Bengal. J. Ethnopharmacology, 197, 231-241.
2. Sanyal R., Bala S., Mazumdar A., 2017. Ethnomedicinal practices and phytochemical assessment of Uraria lagopoides (L.) DC. around Mayurjharna Reserve, Eastern India. J. Med. Plants Res. 11(35), 556-561.
3. Sanyal R., Bala S., Mazumdar A., 2016. Indigenous Knowledge of Ethnic Community on Usage of Satavari (Asparagus racemosus Willd) and its Preliminary Screening, Int. J. Exp. Res. Rev. 7, 62-68.
4. Sanyal R., Bala S., Bhattacharya A., Mazumdar A., Sen T., 2015. Study on Phytochemical Components Present in the Herbal Contraceptives Consumed by the Ethnic Females in Jharkhand. Asian J. Microbiol Biotechn. & Environmental Sc. 17(4), 1051-1054.
5. Sanyal R., Mallick S., Mazumder A. 2018. Indigenous Knowledge of Ethnic Community on Usage of Kripa (Lumnitzera racemosa) and its Preliminary Screening. Int. J. Exp. Res. Rev. 15, 44-50.
1. Title of the paper presented “Conservation of Medicinal Plants- the need of the hour for humankind”, International Seminar on “Recent Trends in Science Towards Sustainable Development”, organized by A. P. C. College on August 6-7, 2018.
2. Title of the paper presented “Learning by Retrieving Inherited Knowledge of Traditional Practitioners on Medicinal Plants in West Midnapore, W.B.”, International Conference on “Lifelong Learning in Developing Countries: Issues and Perspectives” organized by University of Kalyani, 2017
3. Title of the paper presented “Promotion of Home Stay and Agritourism for Sustainable Economic Growth”, International Conference on “Lifelong Learning in Developing Countries: Issues and Perspectives.” organized by University of Kalyani, 2017.
4. Title of the paper presented “Pathway Towards Drug Discovery: A case Study Deploying Phytosociological and Ethnopharmacological Assessment around Mayurjharna”, National Seminar on “Advances in Interdisciplinary Sciences” organized by Bhairab Ganguly College on January 27-28, 2017.
5. Title of the paper presented “Practices and phytochemical assessment of Uraria lagopoides (L.) DC. around Mayurjharna Reserve, Eastern India”, National Seminar (3rd Convention), organized by S. F. F., Jadavpur University on September 24, 2016.
6. Title of the paper presented “Shivjata (Uraria lagopoides (L.) DC. A multipurpose Medicinal Plan of Eastern India” National Seminar (4th Convention) organized by S. F. E., Jadavpur University on November, 9-10, 2014.
1. ‘Member of Excellence’ for DPR preparation of “Forestry Interventions for Clean Ganga”.
2. Team member of preparation of perspective plan for implementation of “Green India Mission” in West Bengal.