Dr. Ushri Roy
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Stage-II)
- Department: Botany
- Qualification: Ph. D (Plant Molecular Biology), M. Sc (Botany)
- Contact No:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Plant Physiology, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Plant Molecular Biology
1. Maulana Azad College, University of Calcutta, Govt. of West Bengal, (05.12.2008 to 09.06.2015).
2. Govt. General Degree College, Kharagpur-II, Vidyasagar University (10.06.2015 to 02.01.2017).
3. Bhairab Ganguly College, West Bengal State University (03.01.017 to till date).
Professional Membership:1. Life Member of “The Botanical Society of Bengal”. 2. Life member of “The Indian Science Congress Association”> <
Research Paper Publications in Journal:
1. Nutrient depletion coupled with high auxin concentration triggers SERK gene to induce somatic embryo in Plantago ovata in vitro. Asian Journal of Microbiol, Biotech, Env Sc, Vol 10, No (3): 2008: 661-666
2. Roles of polyamine in plant development, MAC Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, Vol. I. No. 1:2013: 15-24, ISSN 2347-5366
3. Phytotoxic effects of Cefotaxime on Plantago ovata, Insight, Sovarani Memorial College Journal, ISSN 2321-6573
4. Phylogenetic relationship between varieties of Plantago ovate Forsk. (Plantaginaceae), J. Botan. Soc. Bengal 70 (1): 37-41 (2016), ISSN 0971-2976
5. Polyamine in relation to plant stress. Conscientia, 2016, Volume IV, No.1, Page 45-51, ISSN 2278-6554.
6. A light on the process of development of somatic embryogenesis, Conscientia, 2016, Volume IV, No.1, Page 52-56, ISSN 2278-655
7. Long-term monitoring of Chihuahuan Desert ecosystem indicates Gleasonian nature of the community, Education research and analysis, 2018, ISSN-2348-571X
8. Ushri Royand Urmi Roy (2020), Interrelationship using molecular markers amongst varieties of Plantago ovata. forsk, Plantaginaceae, Botanical Society of Bengal, ISSN 0971-2976, 1-8 (2020),
9. URMI ROY, Ushri Roy March (2021), AFLP analysis of genetic diversity and phylogenetic relationships of Vigna radiata (L) Wilkczek, Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2021, Vol: 14, Issue: 8.
Paper Presentation in Conference:
1. Presented a paper in One Day International Webinar on “Science and Engineering for Nature Conservation” held on World Environment Day-5th June, 2020 organized by J. C. Bose University of Science and Technology YMCA, Faridabad
2. Presented a paper in “VirtCon2020” two days International conference in “Recent trends in Basic and Applied Science” jointly organized by Bhairab Ganguly College and Dum Dum Motijheel College, 6th and 7th July 2020.
3. Presented a paper in the International Conference on “Algae, Fungi and Plants: Systematics to Applications (AFPSA-2020)” organized by Dept. of Botany, University of Calcutta in collaboration with Botanical Survey of India, from 24th to 25th January, 2020.
4. Presented a paper on the International Conference on Biotechnology and Biomedical Sciences “Biospectrum” organized by the University of Engineering and Management, Kolkata on “Medicinal Plants: A weapon to battle against resistant Microorganism”, held on 8th to 10th August, 2019.
5. Paper presentation at the National Conference on "Advances in Interdisciplinary Sciences 2017 (NCAISC 2017), Kolkata, 27th January to 28th January, 2017 held at Bhairab Ganguly College, West Bengal State University, India.
6. Paper presentation at the International Conference on "The Green Planet: past, present, future", organized by the University of Calcutta, 21st December to 23rd December, 2016.
7. Paper presentation at National Symposium on “Plant Health Management for Food Security and Safety” held on December 8-9, 2016 at FACC of Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Nadia, West Bengal, India
8. Presented a paper atNational Symposium- Plant Biodiversity; Structure, function, Utilization and Conservation. Organized by Botanical Society of Bengal, Dept of Botany, C. U. (4th -6th Dec. 2014)
9. Presented a paper at National Seminar on Current research in Microbiology organized by Dept. Of Botany, C. U. 4th April, 2014
10. Presented a paper at the National seminar on-“Transgenic Plants : Prometheus Unbound” held in March 26th , 2006; conducted by the “Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Genetics”, University of Calcutta.
11. Participated and presented a project in SUMMER SCHOOL - HUMAN CONTEXT IN ORGANIC FARMING July 16 -29, 2006 in the University of Torino, Italy.
12. Presented a paper on Alien Gene transfer in plants, by Centre of Advanced study, department of Botany, Calcutta University, March 28, 2001.
UGC Minor Research Project entitled " RAPD & Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS) STUDY IN GILLED MUSHROOMS IN WEST BENGAL"
1. The ITS1 and ITS2 regions in DNA of five different varieties of Plantago ovata were published at NCBI Gene Bank
2. The ITS regions of four species of edible mushrooms in West Bengal were published at NCBI Gene Bank.
3. Awarded 1st prize in paper presentation at the “International Seminar on Environmental Biotechnology, Envirotech 2006”