Dr. Tarasankar Maiti
- Designation: Assistant Professor (Stage III)
- Department: Physiology
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Contact No:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Microbiology and Immunology.
Professional Membership:Life Membership of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientist (IABMS)> <
Research Paper Publication in Journal:
1. Maity P,Maiti T, Maity P and Roy S (2002): Smoking induced oxidative burst of neutrophil and related alteration and damage of serum lipids. IndianJ. Biol. Science. 8, 36-45.ISSN: 0972-8503
2. Das S, Gautam N, Dey S K, Maiti T, and Somenath Roy (2009):Oxidative stress in the brain of nicotine-induced toxicity: protective role of Andrographis paniculata Nees and vitamin E. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab.34: 124–135. doi: 10.1139/H08-147
3. Maiti T. Datta A. Dey S K. and Roy S. (2014) In vivo effect of Andrographis paniculata against ethanol induced oxidative stress, Int J Pharm Eng, 2(2); 384-408. ISSN: 2320-849X
4. Maiti T. Datta A. and Roy S. (2014) Impact of methanol extract of Andrographis paniculata against ethanol induced toxicity, Int J Pharm Eng, 2(2); 410-434. ISSN: 2320-849X
Book and Book Chapter:
1. Maiti T and Mukhopadhyay G. Antioxidant Potential of Ethanolic extract of Paederia foetida against Arsenic Induced toxicity in rats, Emerging Trends and New Horizons in Applied Sciences-Few Selected topics on Bio & Physical Sciences, In P.K. Paul, D. Dhadra, K. Biswas. A. Bhattacharyya and S Sarkar. New Delhi Publishers, New Delhi. 2021.pp 135-147.(ISBN 978-81-950753-3-1).
1. Maiti T and Roy S: Amelioration of ethanol induced tissue damages in vivo by the extract of Andrographis paniculata. Proc. 89th Ind. Sc. Cong. Lucknow, India. 2002, 16, p -15.
2. Maiti T : Hepatoprotective potential of chloroform extract of Andrographis paniculata onethanol induced liver toxicity in mice.‘National Science Meet 2016’ jointly organized by H M M College for Women and West Bengal State University. 2nd-3rd March.2016, PP 2.8, p-8.
3. Maiti T : In vivo reduction of sodium arsenite induced toxicity by methanolic extract of Andrographis paniculata. XXVIII Annual Conference of the Physiological Society of India. Midnapore, India. 18th-20th Nov.2016, PP 02, p-130.
4. Datt A. and Maiti T: Impact of ethanol extract of Tinospora cordifolia on sodium arsenite induced toxicity in rat, presented in National seminar on Biodiversity “Conservation of biodiversity and sustainable use of biological resources” organized by Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, 1stSeptember, 2017.
5. Maiti T: “Antioxidant potential of ethanol extract of Paederia foetida against arsenic induced toxicity in rats”, presented in “VirtCon2020” two days International conference in “Recent trends in Basic and Applied Science” jointly organized by Bhairab Ganguly College and Dum Dum Motijheel College, 6th and 7th July 2020.
Completed: UGC funded research project (2011-2013), MRP (Project Approval No F. PSW- 101/11-12 dated 03.08.2011) entitled “Studies on immunomodulatory activity of some medicinal plant extract against immunotoxicity by sodium arsenite in mice”.
1. Obtained First Class Second in B.Sc. (H) in Physiology, 1993, Vidyasagar University
2. Recipient of National Scholarship in 1993
3. Qualified CSIR UGC NET- 2000, Life Sciences
4. Act as a subject expert for the selection of Guest teachers of Physiology in college