Dr. Shubhendu Dhara
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Department: Chemistry
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Contact No:
- Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Specialization: Organic Chemistry
1. Organic Synthetic Methodology: Transition metal catalyzed development of newer methods for the synthesis of important bioactive heterocycles.
2. Polymermechanochemistry: Preparation of high molecular weight linear and cyclic polymer and comparative studies of their mechanical degradation.
3. Fuel Cell: Synthesis of tetra-arylammonium salts and their studies in AEMFC (Anion Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell).
4 years (since July 2017)
1. Schulich Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the Faculty of Chemistry in Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. Thesis title “Palladium and/or Copper mediated synthesis of Nitrogen and Oxygen Containing Heterocycles”.
3. CSIR-UGC NET (December, 2009 & June, 2010): Qualified for JRF (CSIR).
Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Schulich Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the Faculty of Chemistry in Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
Professional Membership:> <
Research Paper Publications in Journal:
1. Dekel, D. R.; Willdorf, S.; Ash, U.; Amar, M.; Pusara, S.; Dhara, S.; Srebnik, S.; Diesendruck, C. E. “The critical relation between chemical stability of cations and water in anion exchange membrane fuel cells environment.” Journal of Power Sources2018, 375, 351-360.
2. Dario R. Dekel, Michal Amar, Sapir Willdorf, Monica Kosa, Shubhendu Dhara and Charles E. Diesendruck "The effect of water molecules on the alkaline stability of quaternary ammonium salts for anion exchange membranes" Chem. Mater., 2017, 29, 4425-4431.
3. Shubhendu Dhara, and Charles E. Diesendruck “Stereoselective Olefination of N-Sulfinylimine under mild conditions” Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2017, 1184–1190.
4. Maayan Hirsch, Shubhendu Dhara, and Charles E. Diesendruck "N-Arylation of Tertiary Amines under Mild Conditions" Org. Lett., 2016, 18, 980–983.
1. Dhara, S.; Singha, R.; Mondal, H.; Ahmed, A.; Ghosh, M.; Nuree, Y.; Ray, J. K. “Synthesis of Carbolines via Pd-mediated Csp2-H/N-H activation.” RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 45163–45167.
2. Dhara, S.; Singha, R.; Ghosh, M.; Ahmed, A.; Das, A.; Ray, J. K. “Pd-free Sonogashira coupling: one pot synthesis of phthalide via domino Sonogashira coupling and 5-exo-dig cyclization.” RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 42604-42607.
3. Dhara, S.; Ahmed, A.; Nandi, S.; Baitalik, S.; Ray, J. K. "Synthesis of azafluorenone via oxidative intramolecular Heck cyclization." Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 63-65.
4. Dhara, S.; Ghosh, M.; Ray, J. K. "Synthesis of Phenanthridines and Analogues via Suzuki Coupling and Condensation." Synlett, 2013, 24, 2263-2265.
5. Dhara, S.; Singha, R.; Nuree, Y.; Ray, J. K. "One-pot synthesis of isoquinoline and related compounds via Cu-mediated tandem cross-coupling and cyclization." Tetrahedron Letters, 2014, 55, 795-798.
6. Dhara, S.; Ahmed, A.; Gorai, T.; Ray, J. K. "Efficient Synthesis of 9,10-Dihydrophenanthrene and 6H- Benzo[c]-chromene derivatives via Trienecyclization." J. Indian Chem. Soc., 2013, 90, 1675-1679.