Dr. Santanu Chakraborty
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Department: Economics
- Qualification: M.A., M. Phil., M.B.A., Ph.D.
- Contact No:
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area of Specialization: Econometrics and Statistics
Informal Credit Market
13Years (UG) & 03 Years(PG)
Best Paper titled “Covid-19 Pandemic & Migrant Worker: Cub in Safety Net” in One day ICSSR-ERC Sponsored International Webinar on “IMPACT OF COVID 19 ON INFORMAL AND MIGRANT WORKERS”. (20th September ,2020), organized by Naba Ballygunge Mahavidyalya, Kolkata.
Professional Membership:Ordinary member in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata and Life member in Bangiya Arthaniti Parishad (Bengal Economic Association), Kolkata.> <
Research Paper Publications in Journal:
- i) Chakraborty, S. (2020): “Interest rate formation in informal credit markets in West Bengal: what matters?”, Our Heritage journal, Vol.68(8), ISSN: 0474-9030.
- 2. Chakraborty, S. (2018) “Trade Credit – A Strategic Practice of Liquidity Management”, SS International Journal of Economics and Management (SSIJEM), Vol-8, Issue-5,ISSN: 22314962.
1. International conference St. xavier’s college, kolkata13-14th september,2019
2. One Day Seminar organized by Research Monitoring Cell, Bhairab Ganguly College, Belghoria, Kolkata,2019
3. SAMAGAM 18, Fourth Annual International Conference, Paschimbanga Anchlik Itihas O Loksanskriri Charcha Kendra in collaboration with Asutosh College, Kolkata, 2018
4. 38th National Level Annual Conference of Baniya Arthaniti Parishad (BEA) on Economic Theory and Development Economics, Bijoy Krishna Girls’ College, Howrah, Sponsored by UGC-CPE, 2018
5. National Conference on Advances in Interdisciplinary Sciences, Bhairab Ganguly College, Belgharia.2017
6. UGC –Sponsored Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Development Economics, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, 2017.
7. Contemporary Issues on Development Economics, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, 2015
8. Regional Pattern of Indian Development, A.N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna and Indian Association of Social Science Institutions, 2014
9. Rural Resource, Credit and Livelihood: The Question of Inclusion, Rabindra Bharati University collaboration with NABARD, 2014
10. Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata, 2013
11. Emerging Rural Transformation and Resource Utilisation in the Post-Globalisation Period, Rabindra Bharati University collaboration with NABARD, 2013
12. Contemporary Issues on Development Economics, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, 2011
“Informal Credit and Microcredit: A Both Way Linkage”, Leading Issues of Indian Economic Development, Published by Paschimbanga Anchalik Itihas O Loksanskrirti Charcha Kendra, Kolkata, 2018.
The Booming Construction Industry and the Credit Market: A Study on North 24 Parganas ,Scheme: - Suvarna Jayanti Research Grant (Seed Grant) Sponsored by: - Bhairab Ganguly College, Year: - 2018-2019