Dr. Rena Majumdar
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Department: Physics
- Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Contact No:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Area of Specialization: Spectroscopy
Cosmic Ray Physics
1. Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bhairab Ganguly College (2017 – till date)
2. Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Bhairab Ganguly College (2005 – 2017)
Professional Membership:1. Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata 2. Indian Science Congress. 3. Life Member, Bangiya Binjan Parishad> <
Research Paper Publications in Journal:
1. P. Bhattacharyya, R. Majumdar, B. Basu, P. Pal and M. Fujii. (1995). Estimation of elemental abundances of heavy cosmic ray primaries at the top of the atmosphere using plastic emulsion chamber and the derived source spectrum from the steady state leaky box model.IL Nuovo Cimento, 18C, 161, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02512017
2. B. Basu, R. Majumdar, P. Pal, D. P. Bhattacharyya and M. Fuji. (1995). Estimation of charge of heavy cosmic ray particles using the delta ray counting method in Fuji ET-7B nuclear emulsion Fizika B4, 137 . ISSN:1330-0016,
3. D. P. Bhattacharyya, R. Majumdar, B. Basu, P. Pal and M. Fujii. (1995).Relative elemental abundances of Ne to Ni in the primary cosmic rays over ALICE SPRINGS and the predicted source spectrum.Proceedings of XXIV International Cosmic Ray Conference, (Rome), vol-2, 568.
4. R. Majumdar and D. P. Bhattacharyya. (1997).Influence of Initial Reacceleration Phenomena by Strong shock on the sub Fe-Fe ratio.Canadian Journal of Physics, 75(5), 273-281 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1139/p96-131.
5. R. Majumdar, B. Basu and D. P. Bhattacharyya .()Estimation of (Cl-Mn) / Fe flux ratio at relativistic energies using steady dtate leaky box model modified for reacceleration,Nuovo Cimento, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217732398002102
6. R. Majumdar and D. P. Bhattacharyya.(1996).Estimation of pathlength distribution of Fe primaries at source using SSLB model.Fizika B,5,263.
7. D. P. Bhattacharyya, S. Saha, B. Basu, P. Pal, R. Rakshit, R. Majumdar, M. Mitra and S. Biswas.(1995).Estimation of total charge changing cross-section in Au + Al Interactions at 0.930 GeV/n.Indian J. Phys. 69A, 295. ISSN: 0252-9262
8. D. P. Bhattacharyya, S. Saha, B. Basu, P. Pal, R. Majumdar, M. Mitra and S. Biswas. (1996) Partial cross-section of projectile fragmentation in Au+Al interactions at 1.015 GeV/n. Hadronic J. (U. S. A), 19, 257.
9. R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, P. Pal and D. P. Bhattacharyya.(1998).The estimation of antiproton/proton flux ratio from leaky box and closed galaxy models using CERN accelerator results antiproton production.Modern Physics Letters A, 13, no. 25, 19997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217732398002102
10. R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, P. Pal and D. P. Bhattacharyya. (1998).Estimation of positron abundance from the primary cosmic ray positron spectrum. Hadronic J. Suppl. , 13, 1212.
11. R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, P. Pal and D. P. Bhattacharyya. (1999).Estimation of the energy spectrum of cosmic ray electrons at the atmospheric depth 3.8-7.4 gm-gm-2. Czechoslovak J. of Physics, 49, no.10, 1503.DOI: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021118314302
12. D. P. Bhattacharyya, R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, M. Mitra. (1999).Investigation on the altitude dependence of the diffuse photon energy spectra initiated by primary nucleon air collisions Indian J. Phys., 73B, 345.
13. R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, P. Pal and D. P. Bhattacharyya..(1999).The influence of reacceleration on the antiproton abundance in the interstellar medium and its attenuation in the atmosphere.ISSN: 1330-0016.Fizika B, 8, 535.
14. D. P. Bhattacharyya, R. K. Saha, R. Majumdar, M. Mitra.(2000).Altitude dependence of the electromagnetic spectra initiated by primary nucleon air collisions. Fizika, 9 169. URL: https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2000FizB....9..169B/abstract
15. R. Majumdar. (2014).Derivation of secondary electron energy spectrum at different atmospheric depthInternational Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering, vol-1, Issue-2,. ISSN No.2347-3207. URL: http://ijirse.in/docs/Feb14/IJIRSE140204.pdf
17. R. Majumdar (2014)..Energy spectrum of all electrons and positron fractionInternational Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering, vol-3, Issue-7, 308.ISSN No. 2347-3207. URL: http://ijirse.in/docs/July15/IJIRSE150705.pdf
1. Estimation of Primary Nucleon Spectrum using latest PAMELA, CREAM and ATIC-2 balloon borne data, R. Majumdar, D. P. Bhattacharyya and R. K. Saha, ; 101st National Conference organized by Indian Science Congress Association, Jammu University, January, 2014.
2. High energy spectra of electromagnetic component initiated by Primary Nucleon-air collisions, R. Majumdar; National Conference organized by 102nd Indian Science Congress Association, Mumbai University, January, 2015.
3. Estimation of Positron Flux from latest cosmic ray primary spectrum, R. Majumdar; National Conference organized by 102nd Indian Science Congress Association, Mumbai University, January, 2015.
4. Antiproton spectra in the interstellar medium, R. Majumdar ; National Conference organized by 103 rd Indian Science Congress Association, Mysore University, January,2016.
5. Estimation of muon spectrum from primary nucleon spectrum from primary nucleon spectrum using latest balloon borne experimental data; R. Majumdar ; U.G.C sponsored National Conference ‘Current trends in particle Physics Research’ organized by Kalyani University. February, 2016.
6. Estimation of muon charge ratio, R. Majumdar; U.G.C sponsored National Conference ‘Advancement in Frontier Physics: from 20th Century to the Present’ organized by Department of Physics, Bhairab Ganguly College in collaboration with Mrinalini Dutta Mahavidyapith, & West Bengal State University, February,2016.
7. Diffuse Photon Energy Spectra, R. Majumdar; National Conference ‘Advances in Interdisciplinary Sciences ‘ organized by Bhairab Ganguly College, January, 2017.
Investigation on cosmic ray phenomena, (03/02/2015 to 02/02/2017)
Funding Agency: University Grant Commission
Fund Value: Rs. 80,000/-
Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 1993.
Qualified State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) in 1994.