Reduce the risk of Coronavirus infection
Health Advisory on coronavirus for Faculty and Students of BGC.
Novel Coronavirus (nCOV) (COVID-19) an infection with novel corona virus has been reported from China (25 January, 2020).
Mode of transmission:
*** Person to person-: The virus spreads through close contact. Infected droplets spread while coughing or sneezing and enter the body through the respiratory tract—so, close contact with an infected person is to be avoided.
*** Avoid touching a contaminated object and subsequent contact of the, contaminated hand to mouth, nose or eyes.
Recommendations for prevention of corona virus
1. Observe good personal hygiene.
2. Practice frequent hand washing with soap
3. Follow respiratory etiquette- cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
4. Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or are showing symptoms of illness, such as cough, runny nose etc.
5. Avoid contact with live animals and consumption of raw /undercooked meats.
6. Avoid travel to farm, live animal markets or where animals are slaughtered.
7. Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as cough or runny nose.
For more information visit WHO (world health org.) site.
For more information visit WHO (world health org.) site. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Basic protective measures against the new corona virus
|**** Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.|
|**** Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.|
|**** Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth.|
|***** Practice respiratory hygiene. Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.|